Are you searching for a solution that will teach you how to stop getting duplicate emails in Outlook? Learn to get rid of duplicate emails in Outlook by following our detailed step-by-step tutorial. We are going to have a detailed conversation in which you will discover all of the answers to your questions as well as the appropriate remedies.
Why Do I Get Duplicate Emails in Outlook?
The very first thing that comes to mind is why is Outlook receiving duplicate emails in the first place. Therefore, there are many different explanations for why you are receiving duplicate emails in Outlook. In the following, we have listed some of the most common explanations:
- Having numerous Outlook accounts is necessary since some users combine their personal and work email addresses in a single account.
- Email synchronization when using the same Outlook profile on numerous devices at the same time.
- Outlook setup issues, including incorrect mail forwarding and other issues which you can change and get rid of duplicate emails in Outlook.
- Importing or exporting PST files or email data from other accounts to the currently installed version of Microsoft Outlook.
- When using Outlook’s Cache Exchange Mode, it’s possible that synchronization conflicts or mailbox corruption might result in duplicate emails available in the local mailbox cache.
- During the sending and receiving process, Outlook has the potential to retrieve the same email more than once if there is a disruption in the network or a problem with the server.
- When an email becomes stuck in a forwarding loop, which happens when a message is constantly forwarded between email accounts, it is possible for the email to be sent more than once.
These are only some of the most common explanations for getting duplicate emails in Outlook. There are likely a great number more, each of which is contingent upon the particular circumstances of the user. But our strategies will get you out of whatever jam you find yourself in, regardless of the circumstances.
Methods to Get Rid of Duplicate Emails in Outlook
For your convenience, we will give more than one option, and if one of those solutions does not work, you are free to try one of the other possibilities. In addition to that, we have worked hard to find a solution that is both simple and effective for your predicament. Let’s start implementing and easily free you Outlook mailbox from duplicate emails:
1. Change the Outlook Account Configuration
Users are frequently ignorant of crucial guidelines despite the fact that Outlook has a large number of features and options. “Leave a Copy of Message on the Server” is the name of a feature in your Outlook account, and it is the one that is responsible for creating multiple copies of an email. You need to turn it off, just follow the step-by-step instructions that are described below:
- Launch the Outlook application on your smartphone or PC.
- Navigate to the “file” tab option, which is located in the upper right corner.
- Now, choose info choices from the drop-down menu, and then go to Account settings.
- After selecting the “account settings” option, you will see various tabs, among which the “email” tab is the one you must choose.
- Double-tabbing on the account name and type will bring up the information for you here.
- Following that, you will arrive at the screen that enables you to configure POP and IMAP account preferences.
- You may change other settings by clicking the corresponding link at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the delivery section, click on the advanced tab, and then uncheck the option labeled Leave a Copy of Message on the Server.
- Simply pressing the “OK” button will preserve the adjustments you’ve just made to prevent Outlook from sending you duplicate emails.
2. Check Rules And Filters
There are a variety of settings and rules in Outlook, some of which we have already discussed, that have the potential to cause a significant increase in the number of emails that are identical copies of one another. Your inbox in Outlook will be free of duplicate messages as soon as you go through this process of reviewing and modifying any messages that are identical. To access the File tab, you need just click that item in the menu. Select “Manage Rules & Alerts” from the list of available options on the menu in order to review the guidelines and make any appropriate modifications.
3. Check For the Add-Ins
It’s possible that “Outlook is sending multiple copies of an email” is being caused by a third-party add-in as well. In addition, we may check for and deactivate any add-ins that could be causing the repeated emails. After selecting the “File” tab, go to the “Options” menu, and then choose the “Add-ins” item at the very bottom of the menu. You may now manage your add-ins in that location very effortlessly.
4. Update Outlook to Stop Getting Duplicate Emails in Outlook
If you haven’t updated your version of Outlook in a while, you can also find that you have many copies of the same email in your inbox. Because of this, it is essential to ensure that you are constantly up to speed. The problems and difficulties that are causing duplicates may be fixed by upgrading to the newest version of the program.
5. Delete Duplicate Emails to Get Rid of Duplicate Emails in Outlook Instantly
In the event that nothing works and alternative solutions are either too time-consuming or too technical, you may immediately begin deleting duplicate emails in order to get rid of them. Go to your Inbox, pick each duplicate email one at a time, and then click the Delete option to get rid of any duplicate emails in your Outlook account. If you simply have a few emails to delete, you may use this method, which is both the simplest and quickest way to do it. In the event that you get several copies of the same email in Outlook, you need to make use of a reputable piece of software that can immediately assist you in deleting duplicate copies of that email.
BitRecover Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool is the best you can use. It is trusted by many people including standard consumers as well as experts working in huge sectors. This tool is specifically built to eliminate problems caused by duplicate email addresses in Outlook accounts, as suggested by its name. It is simple to delete a large number of duplicate emails from numerous Outlook accounts at the same time.
If you are Getting Duplicate Emails in Outlook, we have provided absolutely necessary steps to eliminate them and achieve a well-organized inbox. The most important thing is to understand where they came from, whether it be numerous accounts or synchronization difficulties. the above article contains adjusting account settings, evaluating rules, verifying add-ins, and maintaining the most recent version of Outlook are some of the actionable recommendations. Manual deletion is an option for a speedy solution, although it may be a time-consuming process. Alternatively, a professional tool can erase multiple duplicates from many accounts in a time-efficient manner. You will no longer need to worry about receiving duplicate emails thanks to these tactics, which will allow you to have a clutter-free and productive experience with Outlook.