You may have seen those rectangular-shaped plastic badges carrying the names of individuals on them. These are quite common in corporate organisations, hospitals, and government offices. They play an important role in identification. However, these have much wider applications than you would think. Also, these badges aren’t just limited to a rectangular shape but come in all shapes and sizes – the circular badges being one of them.
Another innovative use of plastic is in the manufacturing of key tags. These are highly attractive articles to safely hold your keys. Plastic key tags have now evolved to become versatile tools with a wide range of practical uses. In this article, we will explore how these key tags and badges serve as essential items for both personal and business purposes. We will also delve into their role in branding and organisation.
What are plastic key tags?
The key tags made of plastic are small, durable cards typically designed in the shape of keychains. They are usually made from high-quality plastic materials; they withstand wear and tear effortlessly. This makes them long-lasting and reliable. These tags come in various sizes, shapes, and colours, allowing for customization to meet specific needs.
Personal uses of plastic key tags
The uses of these key tags are only limited by your imagination. There are myriad ways to make these tags work in your favour, both personally and professionally. Here are some important uses.
- Key Management: The primary function of plastic key tags is to organise and label keys. Whether it’s for your home, office, or vehicle, plastic key tags make it easy to identify and access the right keys quickly. Each key can be assigned a unique tag, reducing the frustration of searching for the correct one.
- Membership and Loyalty Programs: These key tags are commonly used in gyms, clubs, and loyalty programs. Members or customers are provided with key tags that store important information or grant access to specific services. This convenience enhances customer loyalty and engagement.
- Personal Identification: Parents often use such tags for their children’s identification purposes. These plastic key tags can display essential information like allergies, emergency contacts, or medical conditions, providing peace of mind when kids are away from home.
What are plastic badges?
Badges made of plastic are ubiquitous in our lives. They are small and versatile pieces made from durable plastic materials. These badges are either rectangular or circular in shape. They often come in different colours and sizes. These plastic badges can be customised with text, images, and barcodes, making them valuable articles for identification and access control.
Uses of plastic badges
- Identification Tool: The primary use of these badges is in identification. They are commonly issued to employees, students, or visitors to establish their legal presence in an institution or grant them access to specific areas.
- Event Access: Attendees at events such as conferences, concerts, political rallies, or trade shows often receive such badges. They are meant to provide access to the event venue and may include information like event schedules or sponsor logos.
- Healthcare industry: These badges are vital in healthcare settings. Medical professionals wear badges displaying their names, titles, and credentials for patient identification and trust-building.
Business and branding activities with plastic key tags and badges
There are multiple avenues through which these articles can make your business flourish. The colourful badges and key tags are a great way to attract attention toward your brand. These are items of everyday use and serve as a great visibility tool.
- Promotional Items: Many businesses use plastic badges and key tags as promotional items. Customised with the company logo and contact information, they serve as small, portable billboards that customers carry with them. This keeps the brand in the customer’s mind and can lead to increased visibility and sales.
- Access Control: Badges and key tags made of plastic are widely used for access control systems in businesses and organisations. Employees, members, or authorised personnel use these articles to gain access to secure areas or services, enhancing security and efficiency.
- Inventory Management: In the retail sector, plastic badges and key tags are often used to label and track inventory. Each product can be assigned a unique key tag, making it easier to manage stock levels and locate items quickly.
- Customization and Branding: One of the key advantages of these articles is their customizability. Businesses can design key tags and badges that align with their branding – incorporating logos, colours, and slogans. This not only reinforces brand recognition but also creates a professional and cohesive image.
Plastic badges and key tags are practical tools with a multitude of uses in both personal and business settings. They excel at organisation and can be leveraged for branding and promotional purposes. Their durability and customizability make them a valuable addition to any keychain or marketing strategy. Whether you’re looking to keep your keys in order or promote your business, plastic key tags from K12 Print are a versatile solution that meets various needs.